1. You have to Register before downloading the client. On the main website there is is a tab near the top that says "REGISTER" click on it. This will take you to a page with all the terms of agreement and policy.
2. Read the Terms of Service before you register. Some of the rules listed on it are very important to remember in order to keep your in-game record clean so be sure to take a few minutes to look it over. For another copy of the Terms of Service plus the general rules of PWO, go here. When you finish reading, click Agree.
3. When your page finishes loading, scroll down, give your e-mail address, make your in-game name (IGN) & password, then select a gender and a Starter Pokemon. Click Register. You're username and password must be at least four characters long and no special characters.
This Picture is outdated but it is very close to what it is now, you no longer choose your starting pokemon when you register.
4. You will be directed to a page titled Awaiting Verification. Now, go to your e-mail Inbox and look for the Verification e-mail. If it is not in the Inbox, check the Spam folder. If the e-mail never came, give it more time to come. Otherwise, register another account.
5. Your e-mail should look similar to the one shown below. Click the link to be redirected to Playerdex.
6. If the next page is titled Registration Complete, you may close Playerdex. If you need to download the client you should also see a link to download it. Activate PWO and log in with your username and password. Your character should appear at Starters Path. Now! Let's get started with playing the game, shall we?
Tips for image codes:
- All codes are to be typed in Capital letters
- For numbers you are using only 2-9
- If you see either a 1 or a 0 then it is a capital I and a capital 0.
- If using Firefox or Google Chrome try opening the code in a new window and type that one out
Here is an example:
This code would be typed out as: IOXOOI9O